Senior Club Championships
Welcome to the 2022 Club champ races. We do hope as many of you as possible will take part. It is a fun way of getting to compete alongside fellow club members and feel part of the community.
Races have been selected to ensure plenty of local races is included to encourage greater attendance, with a mixture of age group qualifiers-give them a go. You never know!
The Championships will lead to our new champs in Triathlon, duathlon, cycling swim and run awards.
Fingers crossed, this year these will be awarded at a live awards evening!
The races are as follows:
- Swim Rutland (various distances) – 7th Aug
- Eton Dorney ( various distances) – 25th September
- UKCE sportive Huntingdon – 26th March
- Tour of Cambridge – 10th-12th June
- Ware’s Cambridge – 2oth March
*TT races- inter club no details but can be submitted as a joker.
- Cambridge half marathon – 6th March
- Bonfire burn 10k – 5th November (tbc)
- Abington 10k – 2nd October
- Kevin Henry series all races eligible-best race to count. (dates to follow)
Triathlon (sprint and Olympic)
- St Neot’s series: – 15 May – 7 Aug – 11 Sept
- Boxend tri – 29th May – 31st July
- Maldon tri – 10th July
*2023 World Championship Sprint distance triathlon
Box end – 3 Sept 22
*2023 European championship standard distance
Leeds – 12th June
Grafman – 5th June
Centurion Triathlon -Great Yarmouth – 25th Sept
- Grafham – 30 Sept
*2023 World Championship Standard distance duathlon
- St Neots – 24 July 22
*2023 European Championship Standard distance duathlon
- Box End – 4th Sept 2022
*2023 European championship middle distance duathlon
Swimrun/aquathlon (these events will count towards the swim award)
- Duck and Dash at Letchworth on September 4th
- Nene park swim/run – 18/19th June
- Grafham swim/run – 25 Sept
How does it work?
Points will be achieved based upon your position relevant to the age-group winner at the same distance. For example:
If you are a 47 year old male, doing an Olympic distance triathlon, you will earn points on the basis of your finishing time compared to the male winner of the 45-50 age group at Olympic distance.
At the same event, if you are a 27 year old female, doing a Sprint distance triathlon, you will earn points on the basis of your finishing time compared to the female winner of the 25-30 age group at Sprint distance.
The age groupings will be those applied by the race organiser.
- For running events, where age groups are generally not available, points will be awarded based upon your finishing position in relation to the number of race entrants.
- On the start line you will have 10,000 points. If your finish time is 90% of the winner’s time you will get 9,000 points.
- A 100 point bonus will be awarded to each member who posts on the club FB page, a fun race summary in 20 words or less with a photo and caption!
- To compete for the Club champs award, you will need to take part in:
For the Triathlon award: four events to count (or 3 plus a Joker)
For the Swim award; 1 event to count plus a Joker
For the Bike award: 2 events to count plus a Joker
For the Run award: Best 3 events to count plus a Joker For the running category your best result from the Kevin Henry series is eligible. (There is also a Kevin Henry category where multiple entries in the series will be counted using the same scoring system as in previous years.)
You can choose any race format at any distance.
- Duathlon and Aquabike can be counted for Triathlon points.
- SwimRun events, such as Otillo, can be counted for Swim points.
- Cycling sportives that use chip timing, or TTs with published results, can be counted towards Bike points.
- A Joker race result can only be used once to count towards one discipline.
- Joker races must take place between 1st February 2022 and 31st October 2022.
- The Championships will run until at least end of October.
How to enter
When you know your result, you will need to email the following information to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Race details; organiser, where, when, what distance
- The age group you raced in (where applicable)
- The age group / race winner’s time (where applicable. If there are no age groups it will be either the male or female winning time)
- Your time
- Whether you posted a race summary and photo.
*We are working on a better way to send in results and will update you on this.
At each of the nominated Championship events, we will endeavour to have the Club gazebo and a couple of flags in attendance. These will be used as a gathering point and a place to leave your bags / excess kit. We would like to encourage you, your family and friends, to be at the site for the start of the first event of the day and to stay for as long as possible. Bringing food and refreshments to share is actively encouraged, along with wearing Club kit.
At some local events, we will try and arrange a social after the event for those taking part, and we actively encourage lift sharing –we will help facilitate this through the club facebook page.
*The small print. The Club Captains decision in relation to any aspect of the Club Championships is final.
We really look forward to seeing many of you racing in 2022.
Phil and Rachel